CELEBRATE NATIONAL WATER SAFETY MONTH IN MAY!
Not only does May offer longer days with more sunshine and warmer temps, but this is also National Water Safety Month! This is a topic we are passionate about, as the staff at SwimLabs is devoted to teaching swimmers in a successful, innovative and fun environment to learn swimming correctly, safely and confidently.
In Utah, drowning is the 3rd leading cause of injury-related deaths for children between the ages of 1-14. According to the State of Utah, child drowning deaths typically fall into one of three patterns:
- Toddlers (Age 1-4) who are unsupervised and wander away from family
- Teens swimming in reservoirs or lakes with friends or family
- Infants left unattended in bathtubs
In declaring May Water Safety Month in Utah, Governor Gary Herbert noted that although swimming and aquatic activities contribute to physical and mental health while enhancing the quality of life for Utah residents, it is vital residents understand the essential role Water Safety plays in prevention of drowning and recreational aquatic-related injuries.
- Teaching children water safety and swimming skills early
- Briefing child-sitters and guardians on water safety and adult supervision
- Appointment of a designated monitor to watch over children at social gatherings
- Keep rescue equipment, CPR instructions and a first-aid kit poolside
- Installation of 4-sided isolation fencing surrounding pool (at minimum 5 feet tall) equipped with self-closing, self-latching gates to prevent direct access from home and yard
- Never use floatation devices as substitution for supervision
- Don’t assume you’ll hear someone who is struggling in the water. Drowning is a silent death where often there is no splashing or struggling to alert the individual is in trouble
LEAD announced Franklin as the Special Guest Speaker and Mentor for the LEAD Sports Summit in Austin, Texas, September 2-4, 2017.
SWIMLABS SANDY ANNOUNCES 2017 SUMMER SCHEDULE
SwimLabs Sandy is excited to announce our 2017 Summer Schedule, running from June 1 through August 31. This summer, we’ve increased classes for each level of instruction and added private-lesson pool times.
Utah swimmers of all ages and abilities will benefit from cutting-edge technology and personalized instruction at our state-of-the-art Sandy, Utah Training Center. 2017 Summer programs include:
Private Lesson Packages – Private, semi-private, three-person private and four-person private lessons provide a personal, accelerated learning environment with flexible scheduling and allow for instructor requests.
SwimJams– SwimJams sessions are four consecutive days of swim lessons designed to function as an introduction to SwimLabs and our specialized swimming progression. This is a perfect way for beginner swimmers to continue building their swimming technique. SwimJams is also a great refresher, jump start, or “camp” for swimmers during the summer and holiday breaks.
TeamPrep – TeamPrep intensely focuses on all four strokes for age group swimmers. We offer two different programs: one for freestyle and backstroke, and one for breaststroke and butterfly. This four-day program includes video analysis. TeamPrep classes are 45-minutes with a 3:1 ratio. For this program, swimmers must be 7 to 12 years old, have swim team experience and know all the strokes proficiently. TeamPrep classes run June-August only.
Our summer schedule will fill quickly – book your private lesson or program by visiting SwimLabs Sandy’s website at www.swimlabs.com/sandy or calling us at 801-553-7172.
Like us on Facebook page and keep and eye out for upcoming SwimLabs Sandy announcements, events and specials!